Monday, April 25, 2011

Thank you Princess Di

So this Friday is the Royal "Wedding of the Century" if you have been stuck under a rock and haven't heard.

One of my fondest mom/daughter memories is having my mom wake me up at 5am to watch Lady Diana marry Prince Charles. We snuggled under blankets, drank tea & ate cookies and it was the highlight of my life up to that date most likely due to the fact that she even let me skip school to watch it. It is even more special now that I look back as my mother worked midnights and when she woke up to watch the wedding with me, she hadn't slept a wink yet and had been up for 24 hours straight at that point.

To her credit, my mother stayed up the whole time and answered my million questions, agreed with me that Diana's dress was the most beautiful ever, and that yes I would be really, truly a princess if I married Prince Andrew.

So even though Diana had the fairytale start we all know it didn't end that way.

Anyways Thank You Princess Di, for giving me the best memory and for teaching me that even princesses should look before they leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment