Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Blogs I like to Follow Friday

Today is Friday and if you're Catholic it is actually "Good Friday" although am not sure what is so good about it if you read the Easter story this actually should be a pretty bad day for us according to my nephew but I digress....

In an effort to force myself to actually write more on my blog, I am getting over the whole 'every post has to be deep, important and perfect' and since for many of you you actually have a day off your paying jobs I thought I would borrow from on of my fave things on Twitter which is Follow Friday.

If you want to hear the long story behind Follow Friday click here but for those who aren't familiar with it using the #FollowFriday or #FF hashtag alerts your Twitter followers to other people you think they should follow.

Due to this trend I have found many amazing bloggers over whose blogs I alternately laugh, swoon, & sometimes even cry over. So with no further ado here is my 1st edition of Five Blogs I like to Follow Friday or #BILFF in no particular order as there is no way I could rank these.

  • Enjoying The Small Things Kelle Hampton is one of those amazing artists who can truly make you feel like you know her and her family by her posts. Her daughter Nella's birth story is one of those posts you have to read at home alone and when you have an hour or so to fully digest it and have a good sob session.
  • Mom Without A Map Sarah is a blogger that I can totally relate to. Our sons are around the same age and I feel like whatever I am going through she seems to write a post at just the right time.
  • Fearless Formula Feeder Regardless of where you fall on the Boob/Bottle spectrum, I find her posts refreshing, well researched, and extremely supportive of all mothers. Her Fridays feature a different story every week on each mother's decision/battle/struggle on feeding their baby is powerful and reminds us that behind every mother there's a story to hear.
  • How to Survive Life in the Suburbs Love this blog, she can write about issues both big and small and I love that am entertained with both kinds of posts. As a fellow suburban mom, I feel like she gets me and she has great balance between her roles as a mom, wife, and woman. Plus, she is uber-supportive and nice to new bloggers. :)
  • Suburban Bliss This blog isn't shy about being honest about motherhood and even the occasional drink on a playdate which is why I love it. She doesn't sugarcoat and stands up for herself.
So there it is, just the first 5 of some of my favourite blogs. What are yours? Stay tuned next Friday for more great blogs.

Happy "Good" Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled on this from my Google alerts... thank you for the shout-out! That totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um how have I never commented on this!?>? Thanks for the shout out hon! So glad we are both surviving life in the suburbs wtih smiles intact, and thanks for the super sweet words:)

    ReplyDelete