Friday, August 12, 2011

Five Blogs I like to Follow Friday - #2

Happy Friday all!


In an effort to ramp up my writing, I am forcing myself to write something no matter how small every day.  I may not finish a post, but I will start one at least. (small steps, right?) 


As you may or may not know, I bloody love reading other blogs. In fact, I think it can qualify as an addiction. I read tons and since this is the reason why I don't write more, I figured let's use this productively and write about the blogs I love to read. 


The first five blogs I love to love are here Since there are so many more blogs out there but I want you to pace yourself, here are the next 5 that I love. 

  • The Journey Continues.......  Heather Hamilton is a mother of 3, who has recently lost one of her twins Zack.  Her story and posts make me cry and leave me in awe of how strong she is and how she has turned this event which has changed her life and her family's forever into something good, something positive and something that will make a difference. The charity she has set up on Zack's name Zack's Dream Room  is raising money to make York Central Hospital a better place for kids and their families.  Warning, do not read this blog if you sit in an open concept area at work, trust me and you will thank me later. 


  • Nic Nac Maniac Nerina has a gorgeous blog. It is like she has taken every romantic, frilly decorating idea I have ever had and put it in one place.  Seriously, love it. She is so generous with her praise and support for other bloggers. You will get addicted, trust me. 

  • Beyond Post Partum As someone who suffered from PPD, I really wish I had found this blog in 2009.  Amber is honest, supportive, and overall rational in the often irrational world of post-partum moms. If you ever meet a new mom, you must send her this blog. She reminds us to be kind to each other and most of all to ourselves and who doesn't need to be reminded of that once in a while, right? 

  • Listen to Lena Lena is gorgeous, funny and has some serious kick-a** eyebrows (I mean this in a good way :P ) As a new mom, I loved listening to her advice and reviews  just in case I decided to get out of my sweatpants and look fit for public viewing. She breaks it down and even makes it seem easy for someone like me. Plus, she has THE best giveaways and who doesn't like free stuff? 

  • Lainey Gossip Ah Lainey, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I have been reading her celebrity gossip blog since the day it was a subscribe-only newsletter and I have been hooked ever since. When I read her blog I feel like I know her (which is the greatest compliment I can give to a writer), she has the best scoop, obsesses about fantasy celebrity pairings as much as I do, and refuses to report on "sad smut" i.e kicking someone when they are truly down à la Amy Winehouse.  She uncovers the "business" behind Hollywood and makes you see just how manufactured everything is in that town.   

So there you have it, my next 5 blogs. What do you think? Do you hate any of these? Let me know and if you have any you would like to recommend, feel free to let me know. I am always looking to feed my addiction. :P


Have a great weekend, everyone! 





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am truly overwhelmed by your kindness, thank you so much, I look forward to meeting you in September, unless of course you are going on Tuesday to the Tweetup, than I will see you there.
    Thanks and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete