Friday, February 25, 2011

Life as a plan



So last night I was lucky enough to get invited to an advance screening of The Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon (Disclosure Alert I was given this opportunity because I'm a Klout influencer. I was under no obligation to receive this or talk about this company/opportunity. I get no additional benefits for talking about the opportunity or company. For more info see http://klout.com/perks/disclosure) and one of my faves James Slattery or as you may know him as Roger Sterling on Mad Men.

The movie's premise is simple; is there really someone watching out to make sure we stay on plan? Who gets to decide the plan and what happens if you try to go against that plan? I don't want to spoil the movie but for any closet conspiracy theorists this is the movie for you.

Based on my current situation I really found this premise intriguing as I am pretty much gone against the plan I had for myself in the past few months. In the past few days I have secretly wondered, "Have I gone and screwed up my entire life with my decision to stay home?"

This has been eating away at me all this week and then 2 things happened that made me think that yes I am still on plan. Both things came from women who I admire and look up to. They both had the same message; happiness can't be found in a corner office or buzzing blackberry but rather in living a life without regrets and following your passions.

I like to think that what I have been doing these past few months and that what I was doing before was off plan because now just feels right. Life is too short to live with what ifs...right?

I read this quote and it has stuck with me `You cannot always wait for the perfect time, sometimes you must dare to jump.`

So this is me, I am jumping in....










No comments:

Post a Comment