- There is one maternal death every 90 seconds today?
- 15% of all pregnancies result in complications during labor and delivery and sometimes are fatal?
- For every woman who dies in childbirth, 20 more suffer from debilitating complications. Which also means that several complications go uncounted and lives are forever impacted?
- We have the knowledge to prevent 90% of all maternal deaths?
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
- Enjoying The Small Things Kelle Hampton is one of those amazing artists who can truly make you feel like you know her and her family by her posts. Her daughter Nella's birth story is one of those posts you have to read at home alone and when you have an hour or so to fully digest it and have a good sob session.
- Mom Without A Map Sarah is a blogger that I can totally relate to. Our sons are around the same age and I feel like whatever I am going through she seems to write a post at just the right time.
- Fearless Formula Feeder Regardless of where you fall on the Boob/Bottle spectrum, I find her posts refreshing, well researched, and extremely supportive of all mothers. Her Fridays feature a different story every week on each mother's decision/battle/struggle on feeding their baby is powerful and reminds us that behind every mother there's a story to hear.
- How to Survive Life in the Suburbs Love this blog, she can write about issues both big and small and I love that am entertained with both kinds of posts. As a fellow suburban mom, I feel like she gets me and she has great balance between her roles as a mom, wife, and woman. Plus, she is uber-supportive and nice to new bloggers. :)
- Suburban Bliss This blog isn't shy about being honest about motherhood and even the occasional drink on a playdate which is why I love it. She doesn't sugarcoat and stands up for herself.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
A. Age: 36. Gah, am closer to 40 than 30...what in the?
B. Bed size: King. Both DH and I need our space.
C. Chore you dislike: Laundry, it never ends
D. Dogs: None now, but did have Duke a beagle terrier mix who was the best dog ever!
E. Essential start to your day: Coffee of course and a snuggle from Max
F. Favorite color: If you asked me, I would say purple but I always wear black
G. Gold or silver: Silver, always
H. Height: 5' 6"
I. Instruments you play(ed): None, unless a one handed version of Jingle Bells counts
J. Job title: Mom/Wife/Daughter/Sister/Friend/Twitter-Lover
K. Kids: One gorgeous, amazing, funny, sweet, drives me crazy son named Max who is 2.
L. Live: In Canada, near the big bad Toronto
M. Mom’s name: Elsa, she hates her name
N. Nicknames: None :P
O. Overnight hospital stays: Only twice once to have my tonsils taken out and the other to push a baby out. Let's just say its not fair you only get ice cream & get put under when two grape size objects are taken out and not when you are expected to push out a 9lbs, 1 oz baby out of your vagina.
P. Pet peeves: Cheapness, Arrogance, & people who cut in line
Q. Quote from a movie: "Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want". - Heath Ledger, 10 Things I Hate About You All women should put this on their mirrors
R. Righty or Lefty: Lefty!
S. Siblings: One older brother
T. Time you wake up: Whenever Max does unfotunately
U. Underwear: Always
V. Vegetables you don’t like: None, really but if you asked Max on the other hand.....
W. What makes you run late: Oh everything, Max, Max hiding my phone, Max being hungry, Max being cranky, Max being tired,....notice a theme here?
X. X-rays you’ve had: None, actually.
Y. Yummy food you make: I make an awesome banana bread & seafood linguine
Z. Zoo Animal Favourites: The Lions of course, they are the bad-a**es of the zoo
Ok, so let's open this up since this is all about me, any questions out there? I promise to answer them all.
Happy Thursday everyone!